Saturday, August 17, 2013

Protective Styling Challenge

Hey guys!

I have decided to go on a protective style challenge for at least the next 6 months. I have realized that on my natural hair journey for healthy hair protective styling is a must. From just my personal experience I am realizing that protective styling helps my hair thrive and grow. Keeping my hair exposed to the elements only caused my hair to break and have split ends. So I have decided to get back on my protective style kick...when I first transitioned into being a #curlgirl that is all I wore were full sew-ins not leaving any hair out at all. I would simply take down one sew-in, wash and deep condition my hair and hurry up and get another one put in. My hair definitely grew a lot from that process, but once I started wearing my "natural" hair out in twist outs and other styles where my ends were not covered I noticed a difference in the state of my hair. I started giving myself more hot oil treatments and it worked a little bit but I still was not seeing the results I wanted to see. So that is what lead me to go back to the beginning of my hair journey; back to the basics and what I know works for me. My first month and half I decided to wear box braids or what some people are calling poetic justice braids and they are doing great! It is an easy protective style to keep up with and low maintenance. I have pics posted below and I think once I take these down I get another full sew-in just in time for my birthday! lol Oh and I promise to start posting my updates on this blog.






No comments:

Post a Comment