Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Review: As I Am CoWash Cleansing Conditioner


As I Am Coconut CoWash Cleansing Conditioner - 16 Ounces




I recently purchased the As I Am Cowash from Walmart a couple of weeks ago. During one of my wash day session I decided to use the product to see if my hair would feel any different from a regular wash and condition set. My thoughts are the product are as follows:

1. Product has a great smell.
2. Product is a great detangler because it provides a lot of slip
3. Product is an okay to use in between "major" wash days with actual shampoo. (meaning if you need a quick wash and you do not have a lot of build up of product on your hair and scalp then this is great product to use to help eliminate using a sulfate shampoo)
4. Hair retains a lot of moisture which makes your hair very soft to the touch.

Now this is my opinion if you do have a lot of build up of product on your hair and scalp then the As I Am CoWash is not the product that will help "clean" your hair. In fact any conditioner you decide to use as a co-wash will not "clean" your hair and scalp. Conditions were made to add moisture back into the hair not clean it like a shampoo. If you are looking to stay away from shampoos, or go a long period of time before washing your hair with a shampoo then it is best to get/use a natural product that will clean the scalp with harming the cuticles. The most common recipe out there is for the Apple Cider Vinegar mix. Remember a clean scalp with promote hair growth. Dirty clog pores are not good for healthy hair growth ladies. So please keep that in mind when it comes to Co-washing your hair.

Sorry about getting off subject everyone. In the end I would recommend this product to all of my naturalistas. Plus it is very affordable, a 16 oz. jar will run you between $6-8 bucks depending on where you go to pick it up. So check it out ladies and gentleman.



Twist out results after using As I Am Co-Wash


For of my personal pics on natural hair and etc follow me on Instagram: m_marie314








2 comments:

  1. Great post! I am in LOVE with As I Am co-wash.. it was the first natural hair product that I actually finished the entire container. Your review was great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! As I am product line I heard is pretty good but I have only used the co-wash so far. I am trying not to become a product junkie

      Delete